OCA’s are highly specialized adhesive materials that are optically clear, offering superior clarity and excellent adhesion to various types of transparent substrates like film and glass. OCA bonding allows for thinner bond lines. Rigid-to-rigid or rigid-to-flexible bonding with OCA prevents bubbles and air gaps from forming, maximizing optical clarity.
OCA’s are used for optically clear bonding in electronic displays, avionics/military displays, touch panels, LCD and OLED displays.
OCA Material Features
- Extremely high light transmission (>99%)
- High adhesion levels – peel strength and shear strength
- Contaminant free
- Bubble resistant even in high temperature and high humidity
- Thin bond lines
- Long-term durability without yellowing, delaminating, or degradation
Converting OCA’s requires highly specialized processes. The material must remain in pristine condition throughout transport, unpackaging, handling, processing, and re-packaging. Marian converts OCA’s in tightly controlled and certified cleanroom environments to provide visually flawless bonds. Marian has the quality systems, processes, trained staff, and facilities to properly handle, convert, and package OCA materials.
- Cleanroom / Clean Environment
- Packaging for clean transport: double-bagged on a plastic core
Marian Converting Capabilities
- Multi-layer lamination, custom thickness range
- Tight tolerance slitting
- Die cutting / kiss-cutting to a liner
- Unique process to create top and bottom tabs
- Packaging for automated placement
3M Optically Clear Adhesive Films 8211, 8212, 8213, 8214, 8215
Construction: acrylic adhesive (1.0 mil – 5.0 mil available), no carrier, release liners are 2.0 mil polyester
3M Optically Clear Adhesive 8171 and 8172
Construction: acrylic adhesive (1.0 mil & 2.0 mil available), no carrier, release liners are 2.0 mil polyester
tesa® 69808 UV-Curable Optically Clear Display Tape
UV-curable optically clear display tape. 7 mil pure acrylic adhesive, on 2 PET liners.